Sunday 24 January 2010

Mixed Sport Training

Today, my sons football teams were playing. I like to run the line for their teams. There are several reasons for this:-

1, the top most reason is because I can't shout at them if I'm running the line. I have to keep my mouth shut and this lets them get on and do their sport without their Dad interfering. I'm guarding against impetuous courage.

2, I get a work out. Those 16 year olds can run fast - very, very fast. Keeping up with them, or attempting to keep up with them is an excellent sprint based work out (perfect for martial arts training).

3, I get to be "involved" with my kids sports. I get to feel what they're going through, to a certain degree. And we have lots to chat about as a result.

We had 2 matches today - one in the morning, one in the afternoon. I ran the line for my youngest son's team in the morning; but, not for the game in the afternoon. Therefore, I went for a 2.5 mile run in the evening, just before I made tea.

Did the usual situps & pushups afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment